The Ecrio Mobile Communications Client Suite (MCCS) powered by the FlexIMSTM Architecture, is a comprehensive product suite that enables rapid deployment of core and communication-rich applications over LTE/4G networks. Ecrio MCCS reduces the complexity and effort required to deliver core services such as Voice and SMS as well as rich communication services such as video telephony, content sharing, social communications and enterprise solutions. These applications are developed using the MCCS SDK, utilizing the framework's rich set of communication functions and its simple access methods (API), and run on a wide range of device types and platforms.
Technology - FlexIMS™ Architecture
Targeted for mobile operators, device and chipset platform providers, this unique architecture enables VoLTE, Video Calling and companion Rich Communication Suite (RCS) services to be implemented with the flexibility to distribute functionalities across the LTE Baseband Processor and the Application Processor to meet low power consumption and latency requirements. The FlexIMS Architecture simultaneously addresses the challenges of Scalability, Modularity and Carrier Grade Quality demanded by our customers in the deployment of 4G/LTE IP communication services.
FlexIMS is the result of Ecrio's breakthrough efforts to evolve the legacy of closed Circuit Switched voice calling device architecture to an open distributed Packet Switched architecture for Voice and Video Calling with the following key attributes:
- Scalable - On-Device Support for multiple simultaneous IMS services, with single registration with the network and associated signaling and media routing flexibility
- Modular - Pick and build SMS, Voice, Video and RCS/RCS-e functions facilitated by the modular design and implementation of the standards-compliant components and protocol stacks
- Advanced - Leverage advanced technologies:
- Multi-Core Chipset Architectures - For optimal latency and power consumption
- Multimedia - Compact, low memory foot print media stacks, sophisticated dynamic jitter buffer, multimedia synchronization and pluggable codecs at run time
- Security - Utilizes standard compliant UICC based Security as well as supports Generic Authentication Architecture procedures such as GBA
- Robust - Ecrio Mobile Communications Client Suite (MCCS) built on the FlexIMS Architecture has been commercially deployed and runs on Real Time Operating Systems for Baseband Processors, as well as on General Purpose Operating Systems inclusive of Android, Windows, and Linux
- Tested - MCCS is tested with network infrastructure elements (IOT) at leading industry events and at mobile operator labs, applying stringent mandatory test cases for normal and abnormal network conditions
Product - Ecrio Mobile Communications Client Suite (MCCS)
Ecrio MCCS solves the challenges of enabling and sharing high-value and complex communication capabilities among multiple applications and devices, reducing the incremental effort, cost, and risk of deploying and using new LTE and IMS service capabilities. The core communications functions of MCCS are compliant with 3GPP, OMA, IETF, GSMA, CTIA and other relevant industry standards. MCCS enables applications that support major industry initiatives such as GSMA Voice over LTE (VoLTE, based on IR.92), Video Telephony (based on IR.94), Rich Communication Suite (RCS) and Rich Communication Suite Advanced Communication Services (RCS-e).
Ecrio Mobile Communication Client Suite includes the following products:
MCCS Communications Enablement Capabilities
Ecrio MCCS provides a set of high-value communication capabilities delivering both existing messaging and calling functions and the latest in rich IP communications. These core communication enablers and application engines are compliant with industry standards, tested and proven in demanding network and operating environments. These core functions provide essential communications service capabilities such as
- Voice Calling: Standard voice, Voice over IP calling over IMS, and Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- SMS over IP Messaging over IMS
- Packet Switched Video Telephony including 2-way Video Calling
- Situation Awareness: Real-time presence, capabilities, and location for contacts
- Enhanced Messaging: Both standard and advanced IP messaging including conversational messaging
- Sharing: Real-time, person-to-person video, image, and file sharing
The Ecrio Mobile Communications Client Suite is highly modular and made up of a suite of Frameworks that enable development of applications utilizing one or more of the above communications service capabilities.
MCCS Device Platform Portability Kit
The MCCS Frameworks can be installed and run on common mobile and PC device platforms and operating systems (OS), and their supported runtime application environments. The device platforms include existing 3G and 4G devices and smartphones as well as the emerging set of LTE and VoLTE devices. The OS platforms include but are not limited to, Android, Linux, Windows, and Real-Time Operating Systems amongst others. The MCCS Frameworks can also be easily adapted to a wide range of device types and specialized platforms by customizing and optimizing a set of reference/example portability modules (Platform Drivers) without requiring changes to the Frameworks.
MCCS Software Development Kit
The Ecrio Mobile Communications Client Suite is comprised of a Device-Platform SDK used by operators and / or device suppliers to optimize and install the Frameworks on devices, as well as an Application Development SDK used to develop applications that use the Frameworks. Included in these packages are test tools to verify end-to-end operation with various network systems and application servers.